Digital marketing is the marketing of products or services using digital technologies, mainly on the Internet, mobile phones, and any other digital mediums. Digital marketing's has changed the way brands and businesses use technology for marketing. As digital platforms are increasingly incorporated into marketing plans and everyday life, and as people use digital devices instead of visiting physical shops, digital marketing campaigns are becoming more prevalent and efficient.
Digital Marketing Managers are responsible for developing, implementing and managing marketing campaigns that promote a company and its products or services. They play a major role in enhancing brand awareness within the digital space as well as driving website traffic and acquiring leads/customers.
Market insights : (Powered by Riminder)
About Riminder :
At Riminder, We provide business with an AI-powered infrastructure to assess, score and rank talent pools.
Through our analysis we gathered information about Digital Marketing Managers around the globe, here are some of the most relevant insights we drew:
The job of a Digital Marketing Manager involves a diversified set of skills, ranging from Marketing, Sales, and Management which are the foundation for the job, to Online advertising, Social media marketing, and Content marketing.
Below we try to explain some of the skills these profiles should master :
- Social media marketing: The use of social media platforms and websites to promote a product or service. The built-in data analytics tools enable companies to track the progress, success, and engagement of ad campaigns. On a strategic level, social media marketing includes the management of a marketing campaign, governance, and the establishment of a firm's desired social media culture. In the past few years, and with the exponential growth of social media, Digital Marketing Managers started to rely heavily on these channels to promote their company and products which makes this a very essential skill.
- Market Research: An organized effort to gather information about target markets or customers. It allows the Digital Marketing Managers to define the positioning of the company/product in the market to help achieve a competitive advantage over the long term. Market Research provides important information which helps to identify and analyze the needs of the market, the market size, and the competition.
- Marketing strategy: It is a long-term, forward-looking approach to planning with the fundamental goal of achieving a sustainable competitive advantage. Strategic planning involves an analysis of the company's strategic initial situation prior to the formulation, evaluation, and selection of market-oriented competitive position that contributes to the company's goals and marketing objectives. Digital Marketing Managers are often involved with developing the company's marketing strategy and are responsible for implementing some parts of it, this is why it's crucial for them to sharpen this skill and make sure they cover all different marketing strategy aspects.
- Content marketing: A form of marketing focused on creating, publishing, and distributing content for a targeted audience online. It is often used by businesses to attract attention and generate leads, increase brand awareness or credibility, engage an online community of users, etc. This is an important component for Digital Marketing managers who should make the best use of content marketing to further improve their digital presence, and put into action their marketing strategies.
After talking about the top skills that Digital Marketing Managers need to master to succeed in their job, it's time to see what are the most relevant companies for these profiles.
Through our analysis, we create the chart below ranking the top 10 companies for Digital Marketing Managers.
Now it's time to examine the early beginnings of Digital Marketing Managers and see how they kicked off their careers. As our analysis reveals, many started their professional career in marketing positions, which is natural for such profiles.
Below are some of the most common first jobs of Digital Marketing Managers.
More Job Insights Articles :
- A close look at the profile of a Business Developer
- Uncovering the roles and duties of a Talent Acquisition Manager
- What does a Product Manager exactly do?